Friday 27 January 2012

Coffee and Walnut Mini Cupcakes

My mum asked me if I could make some coffee and walnut cupcakes when I was next baking, I made these on the same day as the Vanilla - vanilla. 


I used a basic recipe:
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
100g butter or margarine 
1 egg
few drops of vanilla extract

And then I added 1-2 teaspoons of Camp's coffee essence and some chopped walnuts.

I made these in a hurry so they did not look very good. I decorated them with coffee icing which i made by using 100g butter with 200g icing sugar and a teaspoon of Camp Coffee essence.

I don't think I added enough coffee essence as when I tasted the cakes after they had been cooked for me the coffee taste was not strong enough, but if you think of making it you an add as much or as little as you want. 

I played around with my ribbon border icing nozzle to see what I could create. I then sprinkled with chopped walnuts and dusted with cocoa powder. 

The End Result :



Any one Got any suggestions for my decorating or photography skills they would be much appreciated ... Thank you


Next up is Chocolate - Chocolate from Sensational Cupcakes By Alisa Morov 

Thanks For Reading 
Cookmore x

No comments:

Post a Comment