Friday 27 January 2012

Recipe 1 - Vanilla-Vanilla

I'm a bit late uploading this due to beinng a bit busy but here it is... Vanilla-Vanilla.
Ingredient:
- 435g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 190g unsalted butter
- 400g caster sugar
-4 large eggs
-300ml buttermilk
-1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
The recipe for this cake I found very peculiar and had never even heard of buttermilk before, it smells like yoghurt and has the consistency of a runny yoghurt. I went along with it and started following the method. Beat butter and sugar, add eggs,beat,  add vanilla, add 1/3 flour, add half buttermilk, 1/3 flour, rest of buttermilk, rest of flour. mixing between each addition.  add to cupcake moulds and cook at gas 3 for 30-35 mins. I used my mini cupcake maker and made mini versions.

The batter made about 50+ mini cupcakes my kitchen was full of cupcakes. I found the method really easy and the end result was light and fluffy :).

I then piped on the vanilla butter cream as best I could.
Ingredients:
-200g butter
-800g icing sugar
-120ml cream
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract


I was rather please with the end result, the piping could have been better but I really liked the cupcake batter.



the picture could have been taken a bit better but here you go....

my Vanilla- Vanilla version of Alisa Morov


Cookmore x

No comments:

Post a Comment